NDT OF SLAB
UTE "ULTRASLAB" is intended for automatic ultrasonic testing (UST) of continuous casting (slabs) in cold or hot condition (up to 1000 Celcius degree).
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF EQUIPMENT
- Ultrasonic testing by using of the electromagnetic acoustic transducer (EMAT);
- Automatic detection of surface flaws on both sides of the continuous casting (slab);
- Automatic detection of internal flaws in the continuous casting (slab);
- Automatic detection of cracks in slab edge area;
- Additional scanning of the slab surface with the laser triangulation 2D-scanners of high temperature trim.
MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE EQUIPMENT
|Slab width||up to 2400 mm|
|Slab thickness||up to 320 mm|
|Slab temperature||up to 950 Celsius degree|
|Types of typical flaws to be detecting||
CONSTRUCTION OF TEST UNIT
is similar to the construction of the test unit «ULTRAPLATE» («online» or «offline» constructions).
is additionally equipped with a system of continuous laser scanning of the slab surface with the 2D-scanners to detect local anomalies of the slab surface.
provides 3D Laser-scanning of the slab surface for detection of the local surface flaws.
LOCATION OF THE EQUIPMENT
There are two variants of location:
- at a special area for non-destructive testing (for example, at slab yard);
- "in line", after a continuous casting machine, it means immediately after cutting of the continuous casting for slabs. The slab temperature is up to 950 degrees Celsius.